Mark Phippard wrote on Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:09 -0500:
> FWIW, I agree with Stefan on all of this.  We should not be doing abort
> from a library.  Whether TSVN could do more to avoid it seems like a
> separate issue.  I do not see why the library cannot just return a
> useful error and allow the caller to handle it.

If what you're saying is that we should, whenever possible, use
SVN_ERR_ASSERT() rather than SVN_ERR_ASSERT_NO_RETURN(), I don't
think anyone will disagree.  Anyone who wants to make that happen is
welcome to.

At the same time, I think Brane had a valid point.  It is not
users@subversion's job to triage TortoiseSVN error reports;
TortoiseSVN's developers should be the ones triaging bug reports from
their own users.  Stefan, if I am wrong here please would you be kind
enough to explain how.

Daniel