Hi,

svn_io_file_flush_to_disk in subversion/libsvn_subr/io.c fails to flush files on AFS filesystems on Darwin. The user-visible experience is:

$ svn commit
svn: E000025: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E000025: Can't write '/afs/path/db/txn-current' atomically
svn: E000025: Can't flush file '/afs/path/db/svn-CNFY6N' to disk: Inappropriate
ioctl for device

This is because Darwin defines F_FULLFSYNC, which on AFS (and maybe other filesystems?) returns ENOTTY.

The code ignores EINVAL with a comment about filesystems that don't support it; evidently on Darwin this also needs to include ENOTTY.

(Also, I suspect it should fall back from fcntl to fsync, since I suspect fsync /does/ work on AFS filesystems.)

I repro'd this with svn 1.10.3 (r1842928), but inspection of trunk confirms the code has not changed.

Cheers,
--Quentin