Julian Foad wrote on Fri, 02 Apr 2021 19:02 +00:00:
> Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > Are you looking for feedback on the write-up and/or patch?  I assume
> > not since you haven't mentioned any of this on dev@.
>
> I would be glad of any feedback.  I was going to wait until I had a
> patch ready for review.  Now there is a patch attached to the issue,
> and, though it really wants more tests, now could be a good time.
>
> So: could anyone cast an eye over this for a sanity check, and speak up
> if there are any questions or concerns?

The write-up doesn't seem to consider the possibility of issuing
a warning rather than a fatal error.  This would negate the "does not
introduce a silent behavioural change" argument and not constitute
a flag day to anyone who may be "intentionally or unintentionally relying
on the current behaviour".  Thoughts?

Cheers,

Daniel