On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 10:44:32AM -0400, Nathan Hartman wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 9:40 AM Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> > At the end of the N weeks, we can look at the experience and data we'll
> > have then, and decide how to continue: whether to revert to CTR, switch
> > to RTC, keep the new system and implement supporting tooling, etc..
>
> Regarding supporting tooling, it would be A Good Thing if we could
> have static analysis, or perhaps better yet, an instrumented build to
> catch certain types of common errors during automated testing.

I used to run Coverity scans periodically, but I was having issues with
that and haven't tried to set it up on my new computer.

There's also clang's scan-build, which is a bit more self-contained, but
it doesn't seem to catch this particular issue.  It flags a whole bunch
of other potential issues, but I think a lot of that is it not
understanding how SVN_ERR works.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/91BF BF4D 6956 BD5D F7B7  2D23 DFE6 91AE 331B A3DB