Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sat, Feb 19, 2022 at 13:35:22 +0000:
> Julian Foad wrote on Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 17:00:02 +0000:
> > I committed the proposed fix in r1898184:
> > [[[
> > On the 'pristines-on-demand-on-mwf' branch: fix authz_tests.py 31.
> >
> > This test runs an 'update' after read access permission has been removed
> > from a repository path. The text base sync code errored out when it
> > tried to download this text base.
> >
> > We fix it by making the text base sync code ignore authorization errors,
> > leaving any such base unfetched and continuing to try the others.
> > * subversion/libsvn_wc/wc_db_textbase.c
> >   (svn_wc__db_textbase_sync): If read access is unauthorized, ignore the
> >     error and continue even though we failed to fetch the textbase.
> > ]]]
>
> This seems to have regressed the failure mode of «svn cat iota@BASE»
> when iota is locally-modified and has no read access.

Should iota be set to server-excluded?  Presumably, if we do that, later
code won't try to access iota's pristine?

Also, the test failed because of an SVN_ERR_RA_NOT_AUTHORIZED error from
the update at the end.  Is that actually a bug?  Or perhaps it's
actually the/a right thing to do?  What are the expected semantics of
working copies that _already_ contain versioned dirents (file contents
and properties) that are no longer readable to them?

Cheers,

Daniel