From: Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2022 09:21
To: Daniel Sahlberg <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com>
Cc: Subversion Development <dev@subversion.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Windows build

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 11:10 AM Daniel Sahlberg
<daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm once again restarting my efforts on a solid Windows build environment.
> I've been checking the scripts in build/win32 and believe these might be a
> reasonable starting point.
>
> Does anyone have recent (or not so recent...) notes on what you did to set it
> up?
>
> If you feel the notes are not in shape to share publically, send them offlist
> and I can edit them.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel Sahlberg

You'll probably want to start with this thread:

"Building SVN (dependencies) on Windows" started April 20, 2020:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/qf1tfohrwjrjk4qm1j1l8z11hfthlcq3

That's a collection of Johan's notes on the subject.

The thread seems to be discontiguous in the archives. There's more
discussion that follows, though it is less relevant:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/qdvl8hdb19fnq75qfx5wmxm5b1ylkdzd

The first message above is the most important one.

Around that time, I wanted to setup a Windows build and test
environment also. Other things got in the way but I'd still like to do
it and have more than one person around who can build and test on
Windows!!

There are also some notes in INSTALL:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/subversion/trunk/INSTALL?view=markup

Though some of the information there is dated...

Cheers,
Nathan