Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Mon, 08 Jan 2024 12:21 +00:00:
> Den mån 8 jan. 2024 kl 10:08 skrev Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>:
>
>> How is an interested community member supposed to get this list's archives
>> in mbox format?
>>
>> Those on svn.haxx.se can be obtained from there, but what about the
>> others?  gmane is down, lists.a.o has a download feature that seems to
>> require either downloading one month at a time manually or using browser
>> debug tools, and the other online archives we link to don't have obvious
>> links to download mbox (or Maildir or whatever else) archives.
>>
>> Reconstructing the old mod_mbox links, such as <
>> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/202312.mbox>,
>> actually works, but how's a user supposed to know to do that?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Daniel
>> (who's in the data gathering phase for /^k.{5}/g's recent query ;-))
>>

> Hi,
>
> Does this work?
>
> $ curl
> "https://lists.apache.org/api/mbox.lua?list=dev&domain=subversion.apache.org&d=2022-12";
>  -o dev_subversion_apache_org_2022-12.mbox

It does, yes. Thanks.

I think it should be clear to members of our community how to access our
Collective Memory (= the list archives) in the preferred form for
reading, to borrow ALv2's definition of "Source".  I would expect that
to be self-evident from ponymail's UI, and failing that, documented on
our /mailing-lists.html page.

> You might get better replies at us...@infra.apache.org or
> us...@ponymail.apache.org.

Thanks for the suggestion, Daniel.