On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 11:51:46 +0200, Uriel <lost.gob...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 2:38 AM, Pinocchio<cchino...@gmail.com> wrote:
A few months ago lobobrowser.org caught my eye. Its a browser written in
java (hold on... don't kick me off the list... :) ) but the thing I liked
about it was its support for alternative document formats. It supports
JavaFX out of the box and that's definitely a more suckless version of
document rendering / scripting than HTML + Javascript.

You better kick yourself out of this universe. WTF are you smoking?

So, the only way is to get rid of the whole "Web" stack and to rewrite a "sane" one. This would mean:
* defining a protocol that would play the role of HTTP,
* defining a format for interactive documents and applications. The tricky thing here is that this format should be convenient for both usages and for "middle" cases.

Of course it has to be totally incompatible with the current "web stack", browser included. It can be quite a problem for wide acceptance; the majority of "web users" today are, I think, not computer literates.

But maybe one may walkaround that by providing browser plugins to handle that document format together with the actual platform.