On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:43:55PM +0200, Jan Winkelmann wrote:
9base is a hg build, built 3 days ago, it's the newest version. I know
werc has it's own list, but I feel the problem isn't werc.

Also, Kris Maglione suggested running ./werc.rc, this resulted in this:

$ rc
; ./werc.rc
rc: ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/getpagesize.c:32: __getpagesize:
Assertion `_rtld_global_ro._dl_pagesize != 0' failed.
18192: signal: sys: abort

SIGABRT is Signal 6, so I assume this might be the problem. However
google pointed me to this thread:

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2010-05/msg00029.html

Looks like this is some weird GCC/glibc/binutils error (correct me if
I'm wrong).

You assume right. glibc 2.12 broke static linking for apps that use NSS. It broke wmiir, too. Just disable static linking and you'll be fine. Downgrading won't help, at any rate.

--
Kris Maglione

I just hate to be pushed around by some fucking machine.
        --Ken Thompson