On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Ethan Grammatikidis
<eeke...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On 20 Jun 2010, at 22:08, ⚖ Alexander Surma Surma wrote:
>
>> The problem with public domain is, that it's not really global (some
>> country behave differently).
>
> I used this in rc-httpd:
>
>        LICENSE
>
>  None.  rc-httpd is in the public domain, I give up all rights to it.
>  For countries without a concept of public domain, consider it entirely
>  without owner.
>
> If anyone sees any problems with it, I'd like to know.

Are you a lawyer with expertise in the arcane rules of copyright in
every country? No, then don't think you can pull a 'license' or
'disclaimer' out of your ass that will be worth anything.

People already have done the homework, either use CC0 (or MIT/BSD/ISC
license) or ignore the problem and just say 'public domain' and to
hell with people living in countries with terminally braindead
copyright laws.

uriel