[2010-11-11 14:08] Connor Lane Smith <c...@lubutu.com>
> On 11 November 2010 14:02, Connor Lane Smith <c...@lubutu.com> wrote:
> > I do agree there should be some sort of indication like this, but I
> > don't think it's that easy. Right now all I can think of is changing
> > the prompt, like dwm does when its behaviour changes with the layout
> > symbols.
>
> I'd also like to point out that dmenu has had the '-i' flag for a long
> time, which makes dmenu match items case insensitively. Although the
> difference is fairly subtle, it certainly is a "mode".

In contrast to the filter mode, with caseless matching you would *see*
that it behaves differently. And you see which item will get printed.
This is the reason I suggest, that in filter mode you should also
*see* which items will get printed. In filter mode the highlighting in
the list has no more meaning (if I understood correctly). IMO the
highlighting should keep its meaning, being: Each highlighted item
will be printed.

meillo