On Wed 08 Jun 2011 09:26:08 PM PDT, Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 19:09:25 +0200 pancake wrote:
> > White background terminals harm my eyes.
> >
> > I cant think on anybody spending lot of time on a white
> > background terminal. Its anti natural.
>
> I've been through a lot of (old) screens and I have to say it
> depends on screen and font.

I agree.  Newer trends, like the Solarized color scheme[1], seem to
favor thick fonts with supplemental anti-aliasing, such as DejaVu
Sans Mono.  Using bitmapped and inherently aliased fonts, such as
Tamsyn[2], with such color schemes is not as good[3].  Instead, I
find that they are much easier to read on a dark background[4].

[1]: http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized
[2]: http://www.fial.com/~scott/tamsyn-font/
[3]: http://ompldr.org/vOHo2Nw
[4]: http://ompldr.org/vOHo2YQ