On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 13:46:20 -0400 (EDT)
"Benjamin R. Haskell" <suckl...@benizi.com> wrote:

> That said, what do people here use for IRC and how do you deal with it
> in dwm?  Without a systray, I don't understand where one gets the spare
> screen real estate to dedicate to IRC.  And w/o dedicated space for it,
> I end up forgetting it's there (to the annoyance of people who want

I used to deal with it with multiple monitors or even multiple machines, but
that was a bit of a failure. My attention was spread too thinly, I felt drained
while not achieving much either in or out of IRC. Now I have IRC on a workspace
of its own. I dip into it frequently but irregularly, not breaking my
concentration unless I want to. When I look at it, I look into whichever
channels I feel like at the time. Sometimes I scan through all which have had
any activity. If someone's used my name I hunt through backlog until I find it
and usually reply.