On 20 July 2011 11:06, Nick <suckless-...@njw.me.uk> wrote:
> But just downloading the key from a keyserver, even if it isn't
> trusted by your web of trust, is better than e.g. just
> distributing a hash, and as mentioned trusting CAs (HTTPS) is
> pretty problematic.

Why is a random keyserver more trustworthy than a run-of-the-mill CA?
Still even if it is more trustworthy (which I doubt), introducing the
GPG tool chain for that marginal gain (if any), is extremely sucky.

I still think DNSSEC might help, though tbh I don't know anything
about it and I'm grasping at straws. Cue someone clueful to say why
DNSSEC is not the answer. ;)