Greetings.

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:37:18 +0100 Manolo Martínez <man...@austrohungaro.com>
wrote:
> On 11/25/12 at 03:48pm, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> > But  really,  to make it easier, something like xfontsel(1), but without
> > any KDE or Gnome dependency is needed. It could be a wrapper script  us‐
> > ing xfd(1) and fc‐list(1). Any volunteers?
> >

> xfontsel has Gnome or KDE dependencies?

Sorry,  I  meant  a  font  selector  for Xft font strings, which is like
xfontsel(1), but does not have any KDE or Gnome dependencies,  like  the
dialogs  for  font selection in Gnome and KDE have. To my knowledge does
xfontsel(1) only allow the selection of the old X11 XLFD font strings.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann