On 2013-06-18 22:04, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
Jens Staal dixit:

I am looking at Alpine at the moment... uclibc/busybox based

That is precisely the thing I was *not* addressing by stating
“company-use” ☺

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve started toying with something musl too,
but for “at work” you don’t want that, or can’t justify it, or
whatever. Also, you get to have lots of… not suckless stuff.
GTK+ (GIMP, Inkscape, M*zilla Firebloat, at the very least),
KDE (Kontact Enterprise/KDEPIM), and stuff like that.

(I also dislike busybox and have reason to not trust µClibc.
But I suppose if you put mksh on it, it’ll be at least usable ;)

bye,
//mirabilos

By the way: what is the status of MirOS on top of Linux? A dead project?

Indeed going full suckless at work is difficult.