Am 2013-08-07 00:04, schrieb Ari Malinen:
The way I always get around this search vs. URI schema dilemma for URLs in my DNS search domain is by appending a slash to the end, which at least makes
Chromium behave as expected.

I added detection of url if there is slash at the end of line.

You are just making the heuristic more complicated.
Personally I like the dictionary approach, where i just put the key followed by a space in front of the search string and the browser opens the respective search engine. Everything that does not start with a search engine keyword
followed by a space is interpreted as an url.
I can live with the only(?) drawback, that i have to input two more characters
per search on my most used search engine.

--Markus