On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 04:00:10PM +0000, sin wrote:
> Which means that on a system that doesn't have those macros, it will
> ignore char/blk devices.
>
> I am inclined to keep the warning messages there for those cases.

Is it likely that there are there any systems that don't have those
macros, but which would support character & block devices? Would the
only systems that don't have them be those for whom character &
block devices aren't a relevant concept (e.g. Haiku)? If so, the
warning seems unnecessary.

But in general that sounds like a fine solution to me.