Markus Wichmann said:
> The more I read of POSIX, the more I think those options are only there
> because they were easy to add to some specific implementations.

Actually options in POSIX are mostly those already found in some
specific implementations - the main idea behind POSIX is to create a
subset of UNIX interfaces one should expect on generic POSIX system.

> [...] and when you try to do something really crazy and new,
> like using a new language (go) or a new paradigm (haskell) then good
> luck getting that to conform.

Which is not surprising, given that POSIX is about compatibility, which
is almost directly opposite concept to innovation.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff