On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 04:37:10PM +0200, Mattias Andrée wrote:
On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 16:30:47 +0200
Markus Teich <markus.te...@stusta.mhn.de> wrote:

Mattias Andrée wrote:
> Nick <suckless-...@njw.me.uk> wrote:
> > Wouldn't it make sense to add this functionality
> > directly to slock?
>
> Yes it would. Of course, it needs to be optional.
>
> My university have a rule that you may not lock the
> computer for more than 10 minutes, thus it is required
> that students can press ctrl+alt+backspace to kill X
> and return the the display manager.  In this case, it
> would be useful if ctrl+alt+backspace was automatically
> added (even if it was not present when slock was
> started) after 10 minutes.

Heyho,

these kind of features should not be included in slock,
since:

* They can easily be achieved by a simple wrapper script
as already mentioned.
* More code => more bugs and greater attack surface =>
not good for security.

--Markus

The timer support should not be added. However,
temporary removal of the terminate-option is
important and should be added. But it should be
added as a wrapper script, so that everyone who
uses slock does not need to write their own wrapper.

That is what I am looking for. BINGO!

--
< Do what you like, like what you do. >