Hi,

I will paste the content of my post on the Gentoo forum about surf and some
hardened check that's doesn't comply anymore with the new version of this
browser :

Hello,

I'm having a problem since the new update of www-client/surf, the version 2.0,
checksec show those 2 processus with NO RELRO

Those processus have their binary located in :

Code:

/usr/libexec/WebKitNetworkProcess
/usr/libexec/WebKitWebProcess

This happen only with the current version (2.0). The surf version 0.6-r1 and
0.7-r1 do not spawn thoses process and the checksec -pa show Full RELRO
for all the process running

net-libs/webkit-gtk is installed on the following version :

Code:
2.4.11-r1
2.16.2

Both have the single useflag X :

Code:
(X -aqua -coverage -debug -egl -geolocation -gles2 -gnome-keyring -gstreamer
-introspection -jit -opengl -spell -test -wayland -webgl)

I'm not sure if this problem come from Gentoo or the code of surf 2.0. This is
the first time something like that happen : Chromium / Firefox / links / lynx /
dillo / Torbrowser (layman) pass the checksec hardening test and as far I
known, no other process have show a NO RELRO

Thanks

Отправлено с m.mail.ru