> On 12 Nov 2018, at 09:19, David Demelier <mark...@malikania.fr> wrote:
>
> Le 12/11/2018 à 07:27, Alexander Huemer a écrit :
>> If you don't like the GPL, why use the Linux kernel in the first place?
>> Go with {Free,Open,Net}BSD and live happily ever after.
>
> Unfortunately in matter of hardware support, Linux is definitely the best
> selection for now.

Exactly. OpenBSD people were talking about the cpu bugs that led to spectre and
meltdown security vulnerabilities many years ago. However I read that they were
not involved in the discussion about it until much later.

The linux guys were involved way sooner.

> Lot of people try to get rid of GPL code just because of the license. See
> OpenBSD and FreeBSD which have switched to clang. They even had a special gnu
> directory for easier removal for those who wants to do proprietary stuff with
> that their systems.

That’s something I am doing as well.

> I completely understand the idea of driving away from GNU/GPL when you really
> want to provide flexibility and opensource to the mass. To me GPL is only
> useful for users, not for developers.
>
> My $0.02.

Would you be interested in helping me ?