On Sat, Feb 2, 2019, at 05:21, Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote:
> C is not "suckless" based on the above ides:
> * C is not minimal;  (I understand "why" it is not minimal, but this
> is besides the point;)
> * C is not as usable as other languages;  (how many times have we as
> developers rewritten linked-lists?  how would one describe using a
> hash-map library in C?)
> * C code is not "clear";  (just having `void *` as structure members
> and callback arguments, using `int` as "descriptors", etc.;)
> * C code is complex;  (try concatenating a few strings together;)

I've been on this list a few years too.  I completely agree with these
criticisms of C.

On the other hand, higher level languages than C that overcome these particular
problems have other problems, so I don't know of a great alternative.  Shell
scripting with rc is a pretty good higher level language, for its special
purpose, but of course its scope is limited.