Στις 10/2/21 4:46 μ.μ., ο/η Страхиња Радић έγραψε:
On 21/02/10 01:10, Κράκ Άουτ wrote:
So, looking at your code, can I limit updates to 1/sec instead of
60/sec? Changing this line,
`if ((ev.xmotion.time - lasttime) <= (1000 / 60))`
`if ((ev.xmotion.time - lasttime) <= (1000 / 1))`
would be enough?

Can I also achieve 0/sec somehow? I suggested 1/sec because division by
zero is not possible.

        I'm not familiar with the context of the quoted code, but it looks like
if checks for the time difference between the current time and last recorded
time. The check succeeds if the difference is 1000/60 ~ 17 in the first case and
1000 in the second case. As the divisor gets closer to zero, the threshold
against which the difference is tested becomes greater. As you said, division by
zero is not possible. The division is there in the first place purely for the
sake of code clarity, the difference is an integer constant and can be specified
as just a single number, without the division.

        From the purely logical standpoint, "achieving 0/sec" would be
equivalent to not executing the code in the if-block at all, and would be best
accomplished by commenting the block out.

Hello Страхиња,

You are obviously right regarding 1000/60. But if I understood well,
Hiltjo's commit induced a limit; if it's removed, then dwm will try to
update the fastest possible, faster than 60/sec, taking up more
resources. So if the if-block is removed you get the opposite of 0/sec.