On 04/19/21 04:19PM, Greg Reagle wrote:
> Okay, I did.  Very interesting.  I briefly studied Ada many years ago.  Do
> you think that Ada is a viable alternative to Rust?  Do you think it is a
> decent alternative to C for things like operating systems or utilities like
> sbase or ubase?
>
> I made a Hello World program in Ada.  Very fast and small.  However, it
> depends on libgnat-8.so.1.  Is there a way to build it so that it does not?
> Like statically linked?

What does Ada(or Rust for that matter) do better than C?

Surely, you have all of the tools for static analysis, debugging, macros
for C that you would for any other language, no?

I could understand generics, interfaces, iterators, OOP and all of that
from a masturbatory standpoint, but that aspect aside, what utility do
these provide over C?

Jeremy