No, you should use [u]int_least1_t, except that probably doesn't
exist, so char is best as it is per definition the most narrow type,
and if the signness is important you can specify it.

I think C actually should add some what to specify
[u]int_{least,fast}N_t for arbitrary N. It could be simple as
libc having to enumerate all up to some N. But it's a bit silly
that [u]int_{least,fast}N_t (expecially [u]int_leastN_t) exists
only for 8, 16, 32, and 64, when the machine probably has integers
with those exact widths anyways.