Hello Marcel,

I consider to use OpenBSD. It is highly suckless and can be used as main
operating system.

> - Safe connectivity to the web
You can use surf for accessing the web here.

> - Ability to open a text editor (such as vim or vi)
I'm pretty sure that nearly all UNIX systems have text editors in it :)
It is available in OBSD.

> - (If possible) Support for Wayland (I am not a fan of X)
Seemingly, Wayland is now Linux-only stuff, so it is not available in any other
UNIX systems.

> Additionally, I am curious about the operating systems that you all use and
> the reasons behind your choices.
Now I use Debian GNU/Linux because:

1. I need some WIFI drivers that *BSD systems don't support.
2. I am forced to use some systemd-related programs.

I would switch to OBSD if there were no such problems.

--
Gracefully, Ephir