+1, looking at the "logs" table in the metadata database is a good place to
start. We're always open to instrument more things in the codebase as well.
I believe Airbnb added some logging on the frontend to track
dashboard/chart load times. Grepping for "logEvent" on the frontend is one
way to look into the frontend instrumentation.

$ git grep logEvent superset-frontend/src/

On the backend, we use a decorator: @event_logger.log_this

$ git grep "log_this" superset/

There's also all the statsd metric instrumentation for logging metrics to
time series databases.

$ git grep statsd

Clearly we need to improve the documentation around all this.
Instrumentation can always be improved as well, happy to review and merge
contributions in that area!

Max