I haven't looked at the code, but as a workaround, creating one dataset on
that schema may create the schema-level permission. Also I think
schema-level permissions don't apply to SQL Lab (not sure).

Thinking about solutions, Superset could use some sort of [optional]
database agent that would maintain things like this (perms) but potentially
table name caches and such to allow for cross-schema table names cache.

Max