Hi all,

I'd like to restart the discussion on SIP-197 (currency conversion / FX
rates), which stalled in January:
https://github.com/apache/superset/issues/37011

The goal is simple: let users convert currency values in charts instead of
precomputing conversions in their warehouse.

A lot has changed since I opened it. The extensions framework has grown a
lot, Explore's future is being discussed, and there's work on a new chart
framework. Before redesigning anything, I'd like to understand where things
are heading:

1. Should something like this be an extension, or built into Superset?
2. With the new chart framework in progress, should this wait for it, or is
there a way to do it with what exists today?
3. Is there anything already planned that this should align with?

I'm happy to do the work. I'd just like to point it in the right direction
first. Once there's some agreement, I'll update the SIP on GitHub.

Thanks,
Alex

Reply via email to