Hi Rasmiranjan,

Thank you for reaching out to the dev@ alias about Superset design
processes! Great questions all around.

Recently I sent out an email to dev@ that included information about a
possible Superset design system. Please check your inbox for an email from
my email alias sent to the dev@ alias. I would love to hear any thoughts
you have on it. Please be sure to reply to the entire group!

Re: Does Superset follow/suggest any design system to code?

The current Superset theme is based on a fork of
https://bootswatch.com/cosmo/

Re: How did Superset come up with the decided design system?

The cosmo theme I shared above has been modified several times over the
years by multiple individuals. Mostly in an effort to modernize the look
and feel. Everyone is welcome to share feedback/changes!

The altered code can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/tree/master/superset/assets/stylesheets/less/cosmo

Re: How can I enable a design system in Superset?

The UI theme should come bundled with your instance of Superset. I’m not an
engineer but I believe you can see it at /superset/theme (If anyone has
more information please add it/correct me if I’m wrong).

A note:

Currently Superset does not support dynamic themeing but I believe this
would be a valuable add in the future. I believe it would require a
refactor.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have. If you’re interested in
the design of Superset be sure to join us on Slack in the public #design
channel!

Best,
Eli

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 11:09 AM Rasmiranjan Nayak <
rasmiranjan.na...@guavus.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does superset follow/suggest any Design system to code? If yes, how
> superset came up with decided Design system?
> If no, how can enable design system in superset?
>
> Happy to hear more on this front from all of you.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Rasmiranjan Nayak
>
> --

Eli Sebastian Brumbaugh
Design Lead  |  Data Platform, Data UX & Data Design System
Indigenous@ Diversity Group Lead