Hi Cor,

Cor Nouws wrote:
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Sun Microsystems wrote (10-6-2009 9:40)
Cor Nouws wrote:

I tried with a list style that has 1.1 as second level, but does not seem to work.
Do I miss something here as well?

I am not sure about the sematic of the above given list.
Is the above given list a list of headings, which are numbered?

Yes. The same as Heading 1 and Heading 2, associated with the list style. But then with MyHeading1 and MyHeading2

I am also not sure, how you want to achieve the above given list.
Do you want to get this list using user defined paragraph styles, which have set outline level 1 respectively 2 and a list style?

Yes, this is what I want.

Or do you want to use the paragraph styles, which are assigned to the list level of the outline style (Menu - Tools - Outline Numbering)?

This is what I use most, because it is easy and fast and stable.

But now for a separate outline in lets say, an appendix, the new functionality is very good.

Only I *was* not able to include more than one level.
It turned out that I wanted to increase the level by using Tab at the left border, left from the number. And I should have done that at the left side of the text. Now, provided the list style I associate with the paragraph styles is formatted right, I get the desired results.

Thanks again for your initial explanation showing the right direction.

Thus, everything is fine now. Right?

There is something that could be possible improved:
You have a paragraph style with a set outline level X and a set list style. When this paragraph style is applied to a paragraph and the paragraph gets the outline level and the list style from this paragraph style, the paragraph will be on list level 1. This could be improved in my opinion. In this case the list level could be aligned this the outline level. Thus, the paragraph would be on list level X.

Best regards, Oliver.

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittm...@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028