Maximilian Odendahl wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> If we wanted to change that I would like to do it by unitingEditEngine
>> and Outliner and eliminating all the differences, but it's too early
>
> You lost me, isn't Outliner the same thing as EditEngine+numbering/bullet?
>
> I guess the final goal would be to unite outliner/editengine and
> writer's text engine?

It depends on whom you are asking. :-)

I know that several people consider the unification of EditEngine and
Outliner to be a good idea. But I also know that this is not true for
only having one text engine based on Writer. But we digress.

>> For the time being we might discuss the UX related questions, soIwould
>> prefer to keep this discussion on the UX list. Do you agree?
>
> sure, though not really sure what else there is to discuss from ux point
> of view(but then again, I'm probably not the right guy for this
> discussion anyway :-)) I guess everyone is clear that their is an
> inconsistency from ux and programming/capability point of view, which
> would be very nice to get rid of at one point.

It seems that this wasn't so clear at least in former times, otherwise I
wonder why people had taken the burdon to derive the Outliner from
EditEngine instead of implementing bullet support directly in it.

Anyway, it should be discussed on the UX list at least to get an
impression for its importance. And we must have a look on compatibility
issues: new functionality in newer OOo versions won't be handled
properly by older versions. So again this is a UX aspect of the problem.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".