On 16/07/2010 19:08, Niklas Nebel wrote:
> On 07/16/10 18:16, Ramón García Fernández wrote:
>> There are many base classes in the code of swriter that I am trying to
>> understand. What is their function?
>>
>> SwTxtAttr
>> SwFrm
>> SwCntntFrm
>> SwTxtFrm
>
> Some of them are explained at
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/Core_And_Layout.
>
> Niklas

yes, that is probably the best writer developer documentation that
currently exists.

there are some more (i've moved everything from the sw website to the Wiki
some months ago):
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Category:Writer/CoreDoc

but the other ones (except for the "TextFormatting") are not that useful.

unfortunately there is a severe shortage of code documentation for the
writer.  most of the code is from the 90s, and most of the original
authors are long gone.  a lot of the in-line comments are in German, and
quite a few are outdated and no longer correct.  this is a big problem
that slows down development a lot.

regards,
 michael

--
"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees."
 -- William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell",