Camel is Java code .. so if you embed Java code in synapse.xml then you have to start compiling Java code. Not hard but boring IMO.

The better way to use Camel is via a "Camel mediator" ... one that would basically take our message context and convert it to the Camel format and then invoke the Java code the user gives and at the end take the final message and feed it back into Synapse. That is, treat Camel as a scripting language.

Sanjiva.

Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
Hi Paul,

I am not sure, given the fact that there is some overlap (at least at the intent level) between Apache Camel and Synapse. As you probably know Camel takes the message body type agnostic stance from the get go, which was my position in the beginning. There are quite a few niceties in Camel i really love, but I won't get there :).

In terms of integration, I don't think integration between camel and synapse endpoints helps much, and in terms of interoperating with axis2 endpoints, that should be possible via camel-cxf.

If you have any idea please let me know. And yeah, if you didn't look closely at Camel, I would suggest doing it. At least for fun, it's worth it :).

Cheers,
Hadrian