Hi All

Although theoretically any Axis2 transport should work with Synapse, there could very well be cases where some might not. To limit the distribution size and dependencies, I thought we should bundle the main transports that have been well tested over the past months, and which contains samples, and where we could find at least one of us to support potential users. For the other transports, we could make them available as optional bundles (maybe even copy them into a lib/optional) but without other 3rd party dependencies.

The transports I am thinking of bundling by default are http/s, jms, vfs, mail, fix. We could easily include the pipe, udp and tcp transports into this list, and maybe Andreas could provide a simple sample for each of these? I would like to hear your thoughts about amqp, xmpp and the local transport - and if anyone thinks we should include these by default.

I also restarted Hudson, and the build ran fine a few minutes ago.. Also FYI, probably you have already noticed that mvn 2.0.9 wanted to download some artifacts when running offline.. I switched to mvn 2.1.0-M1 a while ago, and it seems like it behaves better for offline builds..

cheers
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera