Hi all,

while developing and testing the fault detection in the HessianMessageBuilder
I'll noticed that I had to change our custom developed code.
The question is whether the code we use is considered part of the API of
Synapse or not.

AbstractmediatorFactory once exposed a protected method called
processTraceState() which had been renamed to processAuditStatus().

This method is not called inside any other method. So each concrete Factory has
to call it directly. Thus I would consider it to be part of the API as the user
may need to write a factory to process custom config snippets and call it in
the create method.

If this is the case we might think of applying something like the attached
patch to keep custom mediator development compatible for at least one version.
What do you think? How do you normally handle something like this?

Regards,
   Eric