On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 01:07:00PM +0530, Ruwan Linton wrote:
> Has any one tried to run synapse on IBM JDK 1.5?? I have tried this but
> having some issue with the HTTP NIO transport :-(
>
> Oleg, I had a look at the issue [1] and tried synapse with the 4.1-alpha1
> release of the httpcore, but still the issue persists. It seems it is taking
> a long time to send the request out from synapse to the actual service. Any
> clue on this?? Was not being able to capture the thread dump as well,
> because when I tried to kill -3 synapse IO reactor sent on to a loop.
>
> Please note that this is IBM JDK 1.5.
>
> Thanks,
> Ruwan
>
> [1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-155
>
> --
> Ruwan Linton
> Technical Lead & Product Manager; WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.org
> email: ru...@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 341 3097
> blog: http://ruwansblog.blogspot.com

Ruwan,

The IBM JRE compatibility mode needs to be activated using this parameter:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/httpcore-nio/apidocs/org/apache/http/nio/params/NIOReactorPNames.html#INTEREST_OPS_QUEUEING

Per default HttpCore assumes the underlying JRE has a sane implementation of
SelectionKey.

I will be out of contract as of next week and will have lots of spare time on
my hands. I am planning to contribute a piece of code to Synapse that turns on
interest op queueing depending on the JRE and as well as some other minor
imrovements.

Cheers

Oleg