Hi all,

I am attempting (for the first time) to build the Synapse to gain the ability
to configure a HTTP proxy in the axis2.xml file (which I understand isn't
supporting in Synapse 1.2). I have checked out the source from the repository
and have installed Maven. Following the Synapse build instructions I then
execute: mvn clean install. However, I end up witha number of errors that look
like:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve dependencies for one or more projects in the reactor.
Reason: Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.ws.commons.axiom:axiom-api:jar:1.2.10-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.ws.commons.axiom
-DartifactId=axiom-api -Dversion=1.2.10-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.ws.commons.axiom
-DartifactId=axiom-api -Dversion=1.2.10-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
      1) org.apache.synapse:Apache-Synapse:pom:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
      2) org.apache.neethi:neethi:jar:2.0.4
      3) org.apache.ws.commons.axiom:axiom-api:jar:1.2.10-SNAPSHOT

2) org.apache.sandesha2:sandesha2-core:jar:SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.sandesha2
-DartifactId=sandesha2-core -Dversion=20100205.143004-2 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.sandesha2
-DartifactId=sandesha2-core -Dversion=20100205.143004-2 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
      1) org.apache.synapse:Apache-Synapse:pom:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
      2) org.apache.sandesha2:sandesha2-core:jar:SNAPSHO

I am not at all familiar with Maven so I can't diagnose why these dependencies
are not picked up from the Maven repositories. I've tried to manually brute
force a solution by installing the missing dependencies but I don't feel that
this is either the correct or productive approach.

Is there something obvious that I have done wrong that would result in these
errors?

My goal is simply to build Synapse with the ability to configure a HTTP proxy,
unfortunately I don't have the time to address my lack of familiarity with
Maven and Synapse's build processes.

thanks,

Graeme