I have not checked the code. But I believe it is possible to modify the XSLT
mediator to cache multiple templates. In the worst case, caching multiple
transformer instances. We have to evaluate tradeoff between a mediator with
multiple transformer (or templates) instances vs multiple mediator
instances.

BTW, the use case at [1] might be worth : use a single validate mediator
instead of a filter mediator + multiple validate mediators. That applies for
many mediators.

Thanks,

Indika

[1] http://wso2.org/forum/thread/10462