Hi ,

If we look at the current Synapse filter mediator it does not support regex
based filtering for multi-line Strings.
IMO having that feature is useful  since there are scenarios where we need
to do reg-ex filtering in multi-line Strings in message.

So as a solution to that i thought of introducing  flag support to the
Filter mediator with the regex matching. So users can optionally configure
flags like
MULTILINE , DOTALL , CASE_INSENSITIVE with the filter mediator.

And also they will be able to use the combination of flags

ex :
DOTALL | CASE_INSENSITIVE

after introducing this example filter mediator will look like this

<filter source="." regex=".*connection.*" flag="DOTALL | CASE_INSENSITIVE"
xmlns:m="http://www.webserviceX.NET/";>

you can find more information in [1]

I'm going of introduce following flags which i think is useful.

   - MULTILINE
   - DOTALL
   - UNIX_LINES
   - CASE_INSENSITIVE

If devs are ok i'll go head and add this feature to trunk.

[1] http://www.javamex.com/tutorials/regular_expressions/multiline.shtml

thanks,
Charith

--