-1

The Maven artifacts don't meet the requirements for publication to
Maven Central (see [1] and in particular the link to [2]). In
particular each artifact must be signed. Each artifact must also have
an MD5 checksum (that is not explicitly mentioned in [2] because the
maven-deploy-plugin normally takes care of this).

I'm not even sure if releasing artifacts using the old
m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository thing is still supported. What is sure is
that the only documented way is via Nexus.

There is also a regression with respect to the project branding
requirements. Apparently the change in r1051752 was never applied to
the trunk and is missing in 2.1.0. That seems to be a general problem
in the Synapse project, namely that there is no effective strategy to
manage the release branch and to ensure that all relevant changes are
in the trunk. In Axis2/Rampart/Sandesha2 we have eradicated that
problem by using a consistent (yet simple) strategy to manage the
release/maintenance branches.

Andreas

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html
[2] https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Central+Sync+Requirements