Hi All,
  I guess we should go with the theme of synapse 4.0. What I would like to
focus there pretty much on the radical changes introduced to synapse

   - The call mediator implementation (blocking and none blocking) and the
   depreciation of callout mediator. So, we have task now to get the latest
   merge to SYNAPSE-975 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-975>
   - Then we should bring the JSON changes done.
      - JSONFormatter/JSONBuilder based top of staxon  implementation
      'org.apache.synapse.commons.staxon.core.json'
      - JSONPath in Filter, Switch, Property, Payload Factory and Log
      mediators
      - PayloadFactory support with JSON
   - *For-Each* mediator implementation
   - Introducing *HTTP EP *for RESTful invocations
   - SSLTunneling
   - We should bring JMSStore (I guess for the time being still we do
   support In memory store)
   - Should give priority on RESTful invocation rather focusing SOAP
   integrations much (so we need to select all the bugs reported and fixed
   while adding addressing REST APIs, uri-template improvements and expression
   evaluation changes)
   - If time permits, I would like to see the integration of *basic
   InboundEndpoint can merge with apache synapse* starts with HTTP inbound
   transport *@Chanaka is this feasible or will there be any
   dependencies from external?*
   - VFS related improvements such as providing two new throttling
   parameters, FileProcessCount and FileProcessInterval, which allow you to
   control the number of files processed in each batch and time between
   batches.
   - Recent PTT related changes and improvements.

There may be more we can add, but I guess still we have lots of merge and
integrations to be done like writing test cases etc etc.

I mean we can invite volunteers to do merge especially for Callout,
HTTP-EPs, PayloadFactory and JSON improvements if possible Inbound
integration to the next release. that's why I'm telling, we should do sort
of radical release rather conventional release.

Just drop your thoughts WDYT?

Cheers,
Dushan