This would be great, indeed. ;-)
For most parts of the CXF port, I'm done. I'm currently only struggling with
some strange problems, that I have to investigate a little more. But I will
also get some additional support from my colleagues here at talend, so I'm
quite optimistic that the PoC will be complete soon.

Our talend ESB product guys are also quite excited for our new features (Role
provisioning, OSGi Enhancements and CXF Support), so if both can make it within
the 1.1.0 release they would very much appreciate this.

My plan would be to apply all required changes to trunk within the first week
of next year. It would be great, if no other major refactoring takes place
within that time, to avoid additional merging efforts.

> About the DEV_ROLE_PROVISIONING branch, I am almost done with core
> features but the admin console is yet to be updated. Everything that is
> normally working on trunk is working in this branch as well, but new things -
> like role attribute mapping, for example - is still missing.
>
> Hence: I guess I will be able to completely merge back the
> DEV_ROLE_PROVISIONING branch into the trunk (and also remove such
> branch) by the end of the week.

Awesome!

> Is this inline with your timings?

Fits perfectly ;-)

> Regards.
>
> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>
> ASF Member, Apache Syncope PMC chair, Apache Cocoon PMC Member
> http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Best regards.
Jan