Il 23/09/2013 14:41, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
Hi all,
sorry for crossposting: let's keep this discusson on dev@, so please remove user@ from any future reply.
Thanks Francesco.
Hi all,

Starting a discussion thread in the developer sounds good.

We have to consider that there actually will be three things to consider:

-Login to Syncope (this is where Shiro could come into play)

-SSO to Syncope

-Provide access management features via Syncope.

I would not mix things up and propose to keep discussion about the latter out of Syncope. Probably there will be customers combining Syncope with SSO products (e.g. CAS http://www.jasig.org/cas or OpenAM http://openam.forgerock.org/) , but building it in to Syncope bears the risk to lose focus.
Umm ... probably you are right. Maybe we have to narrow the set of AM features to be provided. In any case, if we choose to provide more AM features with CAS or something else I'd suggest to work a lot at the integration level: 1. making integration (between Syncope and SSO product) easier and stronger providing pieces of code written ad-hoc
2. improving centralized configurability

From my PPOV, it would be nice if a potential customer could see Apache Syncope as a complete Identity & Access Management solution.

Regards,
F.