On 05/20/2014 09:03 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
Hi all,
this morning I was about to upgrade some dependencies in the trunk (mainly due to the fresh release of CXF 3.0.0): while many of them were upgraded. I had to give up with Commons DBCP since their latest stable release 2.0 requires Java 7 [1].

Now, since support for Java 6 was dropped a long while ago [1], and since I can see many other ASF projects setting Java 7 as their minimum requirement (besides Commons DBCP 2.0, also Tomcat >= 8.0, Wicket 7, CXF is discussing about this step [3]), I would like to propose to switch to Java 7 as minimum requirement for the trunk.

WDYT?

+1

Regards.

[1] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/
[2] https://blogs.oracle.com/java/entry/end_of_public_updates_for
[3] http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Short-term-plans-branching-td5744177.html

--
Massimiliano Perrone
Tel +39 393 9121310

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~massi/

"L'apprendere molte cose non insegna l'intelligenza"
(Eraclito)