Da: Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro [mailto:marco.disabat...@tirasa.net]
Inviato: mercoledì 9 luglio 2014 09:50
A: dev@syncope.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: Synchronization of renamed user (or group)

Hi Denis,

Il giorno 07/lug/2014, alle ore 15:23, Denis Signoretto
<denis.signore...@intesys.it> ha scritto:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to sync users and groups from AD.  When a user or a group
> it's renamed on AD,  the next sync task creates new entities (user/group and
> related memberships) with modified names but do not remove previously created
> entities.

Is necessary to see how you have configured the mapping and sync task. If you
rename a entry, Apache Syncope loses the link to the entry.
At the next synchronization if Apache Syncope doesn't find a match it creates a
new entry.

> I tried the same operation using 1.1.7 standalone distribution on the
> preconfigured ApacheDS Sync Task and I get same result.
>
> I'd like to know if Apache Syncope can handle rename of user/groups or if I
> need a particular configuration to get it working.

There are different solutions:
- you can use objectGUID (AD) or entryUUID (Ldap) which uniquely identifies the
object even after it is renamed or moved.
- create a correlation rule (Synchronization Policy).
- add to the mapping an attribute as AccountId that does not change (tax
identification number, employee number, etc etc).

Regards
Marco

--
Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro