You can get started with Syncope by taking a look at

http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html

Please consider that at the moment we are supporting two distinct versions, which are quite different:

1. 1.2 (latest available 1.2.7), the stable branch
2. 2.0 (latest available 2.0.0-M1) the developing branch, for which
   SYNCOPE-770 is meant

For other questions, just ask here.
Regards.