Hi all,
being the nominated GSOC mentor for Apache Syncope, I urge to highlight that, according to [1],:

14 March 19:00 UTC Student application period opens.
25 March 19:00 UTC Student application deadline.

So it's time for the various students who have showed interest in SYNCOPE-770 to work on their proposal.

[2] has a good description of the process.
[3] has some suggestions for your proposal, and Apache has a template at [4] (which might need to be updated, actually).

I would suggest students to write their proposal as a a Google Docs page or similar, and share those with me early so our developer community can help you get a good proposal.

Please take also a look at [5] which is being used to explain in details what is proposed by SYNCOPE-770.

Regards.

[1] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
[2] http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/
[3] http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/writing-a-proposal/
[4] http://community.staging.apache.org/gsoc#application-template
[5] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/GSOC+2016

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/