(Replying here as this is DISCUSS thread related to the VOTE in progress)

I tried to start the standalone distribution but got the error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid
bean definition with name 'buildNumber' defined in URL
[jar:file:/home/colm/dist/apache/syncope/syncope-standalone-2.0.5/apache-tomcat-8.5.20/webapps/syncope/WEB-INF/lib/syncope-core-logic-2.0.5.jar!/logicContext.xml]:
Could not resolve placeholder 'buildNumber' in value "${buildNumber}";
nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve
placeholder 'buildNumber' in value "${buildNumber}"

Hi Colm,
I am afraid you are right - and the same problem happens when deploying apache-syncope-2.0.5.deb

The specific reason is that I have built the artifacts deployed to

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/syncope/2.0.5/

from syncope-2.0.5-source-release.zip

while the Maven artifacts were normally published to the staging repository from my local GIT clone.

The problem lies in the buildnumber-maven-plugin: I'll look at how to deal with that.

Naturally, I am going to cancel (for the 2nd time in 2 days) the VOTE in progress.

Discussion thread for vote on 2.0.5 release, with GIT source tag
(726614b80cd25168637754f88cdb2f9030e77012).

For more information on the release process, check out
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some of the things to check before voting are:
- does "mvn apache-rat:check" pass on the source
- can you build the contents of source release zip and GIT tag
- do all of the staged jars/wars/zips contain the required LICENSE and NOTICE files - are all of the staged jars/wars/zips signed and the signature verifiable
- is the signing key in the project's KEYS file and on a public server
(i.e. http://www.apache.org/dist/syncope/)

Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/